American Eagle Martial Arts- AEMAA Press
Master Phil Ross’ Accomplishments and Credentials:
- 2010 – NAGA – Expert Director No-Gi Champion Battle at the Beach
- 2010 – RKC Team Leader – Kettlebell Trainer
- 2010 – CK-FMS Certified Functional Movement Specialist
- 2010 – Head Wrestling Coach, Mahwah HS
- 2009 – US Navy SEALs Kettlebell Trainer
- 2008- RKC Level II Certified Instructor
- 2008- NJSAII Region ll Wrestling Hall of Fame Assistant Coach of the Year
- 2007- RKC Certified Instructor, Russian Kettlebells
- 2007 – Promoted to 7th Degree Black Belt, Professor Level – East/West Martial Arts Alliance
- 2007 – Chief Trainer & Head of Security for the NJ Girls All Star Soccer Team, Brazil Ginga Tour
- 2007- NJ State Licensed Professional MMA/Kickboxing/Boxing Manager & Trainer
- 2006- Mahwah HS Wrestling Coach, NBIAL Champions, State Sectional Qualifier
- 2005- Certified Shamrock Submission Fighting Level II Instructor
- 2004- Certified Shamrock Submission Fighting Level I Instructor
- 2004- Nominated to the Action Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- 2003- American Fitness Professionals & Associates Certified Personal Trainer
- 2002- Appointed to the Front Site Training Commission for Hand to Hand Defensive Tactics
- 2000- Garden State Games Karate Black Belt Heavyweight Sparring Champion
- 2000- Garden State Games Karate Masters’ Kata Champion
- 1999- Certified CDT Master Tactical Instructor
- 1998 – Medalist in Weapons, Forms and Freestyle Fighting at the Bando Nationals
- 1997- President Elect of the International Federation of Fighting Arts
- 1997- NRA Certified in Use of Handguns for Protection Purposes
- 1997 – Featured in the publication of the CDT Police and Bodyguard Manual
- 1996 – MVP Award in the New York vs. New Jersey Team Challenge
- 1996 – United Kung Fu Federation – Competitor of the Year Award
- 1995 – Amateur National Heavyweight Freestyle Fighting Champion
- 1995 – Garden State Games Empty hand and Weapons Dual Medalist
- 1994 – World Martial Arts Hall of Fame – “Man of the Year”
- 1994 – Certified Instructor – NJ Dept. of Criminal Justice – Defensive Tactics
- 1994 – Captain of Garden State Games – Black Belt Championship Team
- 1994 – Captain of World Karate Union – Team New Jersey
- 1993 – Instructor for the State of the Art Security Training Commission
- 1993 – NJ State AAU Tae Kwon Do Chairman
- 1993 – IFFA Executive Board of Directors
- 1992 – Bronze Medalist – AAU Tae Kwon Do Nationals
- 1991 – Bodyguard Chemical Deterrent Training Course Certification (Pepper Spray)
- 1989 – Featured Performer ABC Wide World of Sports “Oriental World of Self Defense”
- 1989 – Garden State Games Karate – Black Belt Heavyweight Gold Medalist
- 1988 – Big Apple Challenge Heavyweight Karate Champion
- 1987 – Reebok Classic Power lifting Champion (1400 lbs. Lifted in the 181 lb class)
- 1983 – Mr. DC – Middleweight Bodybuilding, 3rd Place
- 1982 – University of Maryland Olympic lifting Champion – 181 lbs.
- 1981 – Empire State Games Karate Champion
- 1981 – Mr. Wilkes Bodybuilding Champion
- 1979 – AAU Junior Olympic Greco-Roman National Runner-up
Excellent work! Here is my endorsement: Advanced Russian Kettlebell DVD opens with an excellent, innovative, yet rooted in traditional martial arts, joint mobility section. Then Phil Ross delivers a tough conditioning workout with a strong emphasis on “rotational power”. Enjoy the pain!
Power to you!
Pavel, Pavel Tsatsouline
Review Title: Walks the Talk
Review Rating: 10
Phil is the real deal. He showed up on his own dime on a 45 degree morning for a 12 hour day. The next day was nicer with rain. He taught a short notice outdoor certification course to 28 of the best America has to offer. All are deployed at this time hunting in some of the harshest terrain and against some of the most dedicated enemies America has encountered. The average time of service is over 10 years with some nearing 20. I can speak for all of us that this was some of the best, most challenging, most useful training we have recieved. Through kettlebells we were trained in full body training, breathing techniques under stress, and the proper way to explosively move weight while incorporating endurance. One of the most important take aways was the focus in operational durability. As the number of tours mounts, a more critical decision making process is required on the battle field. America needs to retain the experience of the seasoned operator and the training that we recieved allows the operator to srenghten and rehab our bodies in austere environments. Phil exemplifies the training and theories Pavel and his training brought to our command.
Reid Mangan – US Navy SEALs Team Leader
Review Title: The Great Motivator!
Review Rating: 10
I assisted Phil at the Philly RKC. I was lucky to have him on my Team because he really knows how to motivate his students. It’s important to have an instructor that is always encouraging his students to be the best they can and that is what he did.
I would recommend anyone in the Jersey area to contact Phil ASAP for training. He brings many great qualities to the table and will give you results. RKC only has the best instructors in the world and Phil is on the top of that list.
Phil Scarito, RKC, CK-FMS – Chesterbrook, PA
Review Title: I knew Phil Ross…
Review Rating: 10
I knew Phil Ross by his DVD before I met him in RKC philadelphia cert in Oct. 2009. He was my team instructor in 3days. He had various and solid career of martial arts & weight lifting, it was very impressive. Also he was very courteous. I thought his courteous manners were very worthy thing that I’ve learned from him as his powerful movements. Learning from him was the Greatest thing in my RKC cert.
RKC Instructor & Yoga teacher
Intense, Informative, Practical Instruction
I recently retired as a Police Officer and Union President (Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 89) of the Prince George’s County Police Dept., Md. I’ve known Phil Ross for more than 20yrs. We have trained together in martial arts and weightlifting. Phil is an incredible athlete and physical specimen. Last year, he introduced me to Kettlebells. Having competed in many sports, to include; competitive Power lifting, football, wrestling, martial arts and baseball, I found these intense workouts to be the most practical form of training that I have experienced. They combine aerobic and anaerobic conditioning like no other form of training. Kettlebells enhance strength, flexibility and your aerobic capacity. Recently, I took 5 instructors from our police academy to Phil’s gym for a KB seminar. After the class, they were very impressed and eager to introduce KB to the academy curriculum. Strength and conditioning are very important for police officers. Our union recently ordered several sets of KB’s for the academy. Look out recruits. Get ready to get in shape. Phil Ross is an excellent instructor and I would highly recommend his Kettlebell training to everyone!
Percy Alston – Upper Marlboro, MD USA
Intense & Knowledgeable Instructor
I have been training with Phil Ross for 3 years. His workouts have always been diverse and challenging – mixing martial arts, Plyometrics, weight training, boxing, speed, agility, balance, yoga, Pilates and stretching principles, etc. Never have I experienced a more challenging and rewarding workout than his Kettlebell workout! It is the perfect combination of strength, aerobic, core and flexibility training. Phil is a dynamic, knowledgeable trainer and his Kettlebell workout will kick your butt!!!
M. Sherman – Ridgewood, NJ
Intense, Informative & Challenging
I have been training with instructor Phil for a week, in his Kettlebell class and I can feel the intensity build through out the entire class. Each workout is more challenging then the next. His knowledge on strength, conditioning, aerobics, and Kettlebell training is tops in any class. I would highly recommend instructor Phil, to everyone on his knowledge concerning fitness as well as his Kettlebell workout.
Austin Cantone – Paramus, NJ USA
Kettle Bells are an awesome, all encompassing workout. With Phil Ross, you see results almost immediately with consistently working with the kettle bells.
Phil Ross- A tremendous Kettlebell Instructor
He’s eager to move you onto the next level, wanting every client to advance, but always maintaining perfect form and execution every step of the way. He explains and demonstrates at each level what and how exactly it is to be done. He takes great care that his clients are working out safely. He truly believes in and very much enjoys working his clients out with the kettle bells.
Nancy E. Carroll – Ridgewood, NJ USA
His enthusiasm is very contagious! I’m hooked!
Knowledge, Intensity & Fun
I work out once a week with Phil and always look forward to his workouts. Every exercise we do works multiple parts of the body, and the variety of exercises (we seem to do at least one thing new each session) keeps it interesting and challenging.
Joe R. – Ridgewood, NJ
I highly recommend Phil for RKC training.
Because its Good for You
I have trained with Phil for five years. The addition of kettle bells has taken my conditioning to the next level. I have not been this fit since I was in high school on the track team. It has also increased my ability to elevate my strength training with weights as well. I have had back issues and the addition of kettle bells has helped rehab my back better than I had imagined. Phil’s knowledge of the skelatomuscular anatomy and exercise physiology combined with his ability to judge just how far to push that anatomy makes him an invaluable asset to my kettle and overall training.
arnold – ridgewood,NJ USA
Gorilla Works Be the bull.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Rather than doing the WOD today, I participated in a three hour Kettle Bell workshop with RKC certified instructor Phil Ross out of American Eagle Martial Arts in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ. What an amazing experience and a humbling workout!
As an instructor in my departments Academy, we are trying to have our FOP purchase us a decent amount of KB’s to have on hand for us to use with the recruits in circuit training. The Dragon Door bells we used today were unbelievable in grip and finish. As an owner of two Dragon Doors already, I had the chance to use another competitors KB’s that Ross also had on hand. That brand could not compare to the Dragon Doors, hands down. Regardless, I am now sold on the Kettle Bell for an entire body workout and highly recommend everyone getting the proper training to accomplish this.
I managed to avoid a grip tear after all the abuse today… we’ll see how I make out with the snatches tomorrow providing I can raise my arms above my head. Good times, Good times.
Guys, I just copied that from the CF site, so that explains why it sounds the way it does. Anyways, I can barely type I hurt so F’ing bad. This guy trained with Pavel at the Dragon Door headquarters where they put the Cert. on. He paid $2,500 dollars for his level I cert and got destroyed for days while there. There is so much I could go over with you all on technique that is very important.
Secondly, I will be taking orders from you guys immediately on Dragon Door KB’s. We will piggy back the order the Lodge gets for us. I will post sizes and prices tomorrow once my fingers loosen up. My grip is absolutely shot.
I just wanted to send you a thank you email for the Kettlebell workshop you hosted on Saturday. This is something that I have always wanted to learn and finally was able to from an expert . It will be so nice to go to the gym and actually know what I am doing now. The workshop was not only informative, but also a great workout! I learned so much and definitely intend to use all the exercises and incorporate the kettlebells into my workouts regularly.
Is there anyway that I can get updates if you host anymore one day workshops?
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org