Our class curriculum is built around the development of both ground fighting and stand-up skills. We instruct our students in takedowns, securing top and bottom positions, submissions as well as striking. We designate specific classes for development of skill sets used in the Sport of MMA. Boxing, Kickboxing (Muay Thai), Traditional Gi classes in Braziliann Jiu Jits and a Take Down class based on Wrestling and No-Gi Grappling.
We are proud to announce that we are a Certified affiliate school with the #1 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Team in the World – Alliance Jiu Jitsu.
In this Program, we offer 6 great classes per week!
Adult & Teen Mixed Martial Arts:
Our comprehensive martial training program consists of the many facets of the Martial Arts, making our system a complete Mixed Martial Art. Our system is comprised primarily of the following arts: Burmese Bando, Korean Taekwondo, Filipino Arnis & Kali, Western Wrestling & Boxing, Japanese & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Shamrock Submission Fighting, Jeet Kun Do Principals, as well as Defensive Tactics of various forms. We address the Stand-up, Ground Fighting, Weapons Application & Defense as well as the transitions from one phase to the other by implementing the Four Ranges of Combat.
Full_Schedule_2013 Double Click here to download Color Copy in PDF Format.
Our next Promotional Exam will be held on Saturday, September 21st.
Master Phil Ross’ Accomplishments and Credentials:
- 2010 – NAGA – Expert Director No-Gi Champion Battle at the Beach
- 2010 – RKC Team Leader – Kettlebell Trainer
- 2010 – CK-FMS Certified Functional Movement Specialist
- 2010 – Head Wrestling Coach, Mahwah HS
- 2009 – US Navy SEALs Kettlebell Trainer
- 2008- RKC Level II Certified Instructor
- 2008- NJSAII Region ll Wrestling Hall of Fame Assistant Coach of the Year
- 2007- RKC Certified Instructor, Russian Kettlebells
- 2007 – Promoted to 7th Degree Black Belt, Professor Level – East/West Martial Arts Alliance
- 2007 – Chief Trainer & Head of Security for the NJ Girls All Star Soccer Team, Brazil Ginga Tour
- 2007- NJ State Licensed Professional MMA/Kickboxing/Boxing Manager & Trainer
- 2006- Mahwah HS Wrestling Coach, NBIAL Champions, State Sectional Qualifier
- 2005- Certified Shamrock Submission Fighting Level II Instructor
- 2004- Certified Shamrock Submission Fighting Level I Instructor
- 2004- Nominated to the Action Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- 2003- American Fitness Professionals & Associates Certified Personal Trainer
- 2002- Appointed to the Front Site Training Commission for Hand to Hand Defensive Tactics
- 2000- Garden State Games Karate Black Belt Heavyweight Sparring Champion
- 2000- Garden State Games Karate Masters’ Kata Champion
- 1999- Certified CDT Master Tactical Instructor
- 1998 – Medalist in Weapons, Forms and Freestyle Fighting at the Bando Nationals
- 1997- President Elect of the International Federation of Fighting Arts
- 1997- NRA Certified in Use of Handguns for Protection Purposes
- 1997 – Featured in the publication of the CDT Police and Bodyguard Manual
- 1996 – MVP Award in the New York vs. New Jersey Team Challenge
- 1996 – United Kung Fu Federation – Competitor of the Year Award
- 1995 – Amateur National Heavyweight Freestyle Fighting Champion
- 1995 – Garden State Games Empty hand and Weapons Dual Medalist
- 1994 – World Martial Arts Hall of Fame – “Man of the Year”
- 1994 – Certified Instructor – NJ Dept. of Criminal Justice – Defensive Tactics
- 1994 – Captain of Garden State Games – Black Belt Championship Team
- 1994 – Captain of World Karate Union – Team New Jersey
- 1993 – Instructor for the State of the Art Security Training Commission
- 1993 – NJ State AAU Tae Kwon Do Chairman
- 1993 – IFFA Executive Board of Directors
- 1992 – Bronze Medalist – AAU Tae Kwon Do Nationals
- 1991 – Bodyguard Chemical Deterrent Training Course Certification (Pepper Spray)
- 1989 – Featured Performer ABC Wide World of Sports “Oriental World of Self Defense”
- 1989 – Garden State Games Karate – Black Belt Heavyweight Gold Medalist
- 1988 – Big Apple Challenge Heavyweight Karate Champion
- 1987 – Reebok Classic Power lifting Champion (1400 lbs. Lifted in the 181 lb class)
- 1983 – Mr. DC – Middleweight Bodybuilding, 3rd Place
- 1982 – University of Maryland Olympic lifting Champion – 181 lbs.
- 1981 – Empire State Games Karate Champion
- 1981 – Mr. Wilkes Bodybuilding Champion
- 1979 – AAU Junior Olympic Greco-Roman National Runner-up